About Blog Title...

As a child, it was one of my greatest delights to visit my grandparents in the spring when the whip-poor-wills began to call. Grandma and Grandpa lived in a remote valley of the Ozark Mountains where there were trees a plenty, and, seemingly, a whip-poor-will, or two, in each one.
My grandmother insisted that a whip-poor-will's call was not "whip-poor-will," but instead, "chip-butter-white-oak." I would listen really hard trying to hear it exactly as she said it was, but all I could hear was "whip-poor-will, whip-poor-will,..." But, I never let on to her.
I remember my grandpa watching and listening, with an amused look on his face, to one of these listening sessions. Shortly after that he began to call me, just for fun, "Chip Butter." It is a name I am proud to wear for I still love to hear that long, lonesome call on a warm summer's eve. And, sometimes, when I listen really, really hard, it seems I can hear quite clearly, "chip-butter-white-oak, chip-butter-white-oak..."


Tuesday, April 14, 2015

April...


A picture is worth a thousand words...



New projects...



Old projects gone unfinished for too long...






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooming flowers. The landscaping looks great; and no snow on the ground! I am so excited to see some new dolls in the works. I will keep watching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bleeding hearts (I think that's what those are) are so pretty. Do you want to come and do something with my poor yard!? It could sure use a green thumb. The new dolly and her papoose are off to a wonderful start. Can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty has a tranquil spot to observe the gardens.
    Love the bleeding hearts... mine are just popping through the earth.
    It is hard to focus on indoor projects when we have waited so long for Spring. Enjoy it!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is looking so pretty right now. We planted almost 50 azaleas, two pencil trees, two junipers, and 4 buckets of carnations. We haven't done anything to the yard in twenty years, so this year we went all out. Your flowers are beautiful. I love those little things. The dolly is looking great. Love her hair and her little baby. Good to see a new doll being finished up. these are so pretty already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blooming flowers, what a delight! I see you made a sitting area and the cat is all cozy. I know what it's like to have a project waiting to be finished but when she's complete she's going to be beautiful. Love the colors in the head wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bleeding heart flowers are gorgeous! I lost my plant :( The new flower bed is nice; love the coyote and the big, black, fur baby; he must think you fixed it just for him..
    These rainy days should give you time to finish the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a joy it is to be working out of doors, especially since this winter seemed so long. I, too, have been working in the yard. Your new doll looks like she is really concentrating on her little one. She is taking her responsibilities seriously as a new mother. Looking forward to seeing her a spiffed up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are right.........a picture is worth a thousand words and so inspirational! Lovely countryside and flowers! Your new doll is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are right.........a picture is worth a thousand words and so inspirational! Lovely countryside and flowers! Your new doll is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bleeding Heart is beautiful.
    Love your doll.
    So happy Spring is finally here.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete