The last of the cloths are out of the dye pot, so that's it for the leaves this year. I got some nice results, but this year's attempts fall a bit short of those from the year that I first bundled cloth and leaves and tossed them into a pot. Both then and this year, the leaves were pulled from the water at stream's edge. Now I wonder if those first leaves might have been a bit more decomposed, for I remember that they were quite soggy and slimy. I will think about that next fall when I try again. But, for now I am turning to the garden, which still has lots of luscious color that I would love to capture on cloth.
One rainy afternoon, I modified the little doll-girl, giving her a slightly larger torso and a second skin. It had seemed to me that her head was a bit large, so I had been pondering how I could fix the problem. I simply slipped a slightly larger torso over the first one, stuffed around it and stitched it down just below the shoulder plate. And finally, I pulled the second-skin up and over it all, stitching and gluing around the edges. It is a nice finish. Now for that nice brown dress...
|Four nice cloths...|
|So many stitching possibilities...|
|From a previous year...|
|Luscious colors still...|
|Even a tiny butterfly...|
|Not giving up yet...|
|Sassafras ~ a Chipbutter award winner for best of color...|