About Blog Title...

As a child, it was one of my greatest delights to visit my grandparents in the spring when the whip-poor-wills began to call. Grandma and Grandpa lived in a remote valley of the Ozark Mountains where there were trees a plenty, and, seemingly, a whip-poor-will, or two, in each one.
My grandmother insisted that a whip-poor-will's call was not "whip-poor-will," but instead, "chip-butter-white-oak." I would listen really hard trying to hear it exactly as she said it was, but all I could hear was "whip-poor-will, whip-poor-will,..." But, I never let on to her.
I remember my grandpa watching and listening, with an amused look on his face, to one of these listening sessions. Shortly after that he began to call me, just for fun, "Chip Butter." It is a name I am proud to wear for I still love to hear that long, lonesome call on a warm summer's eve. And, sometimes, when I listen really, really hard, it seems I can hear quite clearly, "chip-butter-white-oak, chip-butter-white-oak..."


Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Let Us Give Thanks...






A Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours...



12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--look at them together! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing grouping of your dolls all together. You are such an artist. ~ Happy Thanksgiving ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the dolls grouped together. They are truly amazing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Miss Chip, hope you have a wonderful day :-)
    The dolls look wonderful! Warmth, Joy and love Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving. I still love the little wilderness explorer. All the dolls are so fine, but I think he must be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to see your "family" all together! They are a beautiful group. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the detail! Absolutely amazing.....

    Hope you had a nice holiday, Mary -- still in recovery mode here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi friend, Thanks for writing such a good article, really will help me out in many ways.

    _____________________
    American Actor HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing this.
    ___________
    tattoo thoughts

    ReplyDelete