About Blog Title...

As a child, it was one of my greatest delights to visit my grandparents in the spring when the whip-poor-wills began to call. Grandma and Grandpa lived in a remote valley of the Ozark Mountains where there were trees a plenty, and, seemingly, a whip-poor-will, or two, in each one.
My grandmother insisted that a whip-poor-will's call was not "whip-poor-will," but instead, "chip-butter-white-oak." I would listen really hard trying to hear it exactly as she said it was, but all I could hear was "whip-poor-will, whip-poor-will,..." But, I never let on to her.
I remember my grandpa watching and listening, with an amused look on his face, to one of these listening sessions. Shortly after that he began to call me, just for fun, "Chip Butter." It is a name I am proud to wear for I still love to hear that long, lonesome call on a warm summer's eve. And, sometimes, when I listen really, really hard, it seems I can hear quite clearly, "chip-butter-white-oak, chip-butter-white-oak..."


Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas 2015...




Christmas 2015

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I can't help reminiscing a bit...




There was the year that Sylvester beat out Nell for the Chip Butter Christmas blog photo.  How I miss that big old lovable cat!




Nell is getting on in years now...going on sixteen and has lost most of her hearing, but not her love for loving and being loved.  I give and receive with all my heart...








Was it only last year that I finished my beloved Zeke...the favorite of all my dolls?  It will be hard to put him back into his box when Christmas is over.

I didn't make a new Father Christmas this year, but have been reworking one of the older ones.  He is hoping to be back to work by next Christmas.












And, there was the year that Santa brought 120,000 baby chickens on Christmas Day.  What a party!





Merry Christmas to you all....





11 comments:

  1. That's a lot of baby chics...it's hard to imagine how Santa got them all herded in and quiet without you knowing it! Nell has the sweetest face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love being able to reminisce with you. Love all your post, your animals, your dolls. Wishing you a Merry Christmas. I won't be posting anymore; just peeking in now and then to see what you have to share. We will see what the New Year brings our way; hopefully a place to call home and a chance to unpack all my treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful things to look back on. Your Santas are really special!
    One time we got baby chickens on New Years Day!
    Here's hoping you have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sitting here trying to imagine the sound of all those baby chicks! Sweet photos of Nell and Sylvester.....our animals bring us such joy. Have a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for good things in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memories are sad and happy at the same time. Your dog is sweet and pretty too. She is lucky to have a family that loves her so much. I can see why you love Zeke, he is beautiful and special. I am sure he knows he is your favorite. I Wish you great happiness and prosperity in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What precious memories you have posted and such lovely photos of your beloved! This is a time for reminiscing and paying homage to the ones that are gone, animal and human! I had no idea that so many baby chicks could be sent out. You have lots of babies to care for now! Wow! Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nell is a lovely Christmas representative, after all, she has seen so MANY Christmases. WOW! 120 Christmas chicks... now that is called a party. We have 5 Christmas Ducklings.. that is a small party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wonderful time of the year for memories both old and new.
    Have a Very Merry Christmas and the best for 2016.
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Miss Chip :-)
    Hoping that you had a wonderful Christmas, and a joyous New Year!!
    Sylvester sure was a lovely fluffy beauty!!It sure is hard to say goodbye
    to our beloveds sigh.
    Nell is a real SWEETIE!! She reminds me of my Pixie (who is a sweet one too)!
    Sixteen is an amazing age!!How blessed you are :-)
    Wow! Lots of CUTE chicks!! (who are probably pretty big by now)
    Sending warmth and love, Many joyous blessings, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this post, especially Nell with her soulful eyes. She's just beautiful -- aren't older dogs wonderful? Happy New Year, Mary -- may all good and happy things come your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete


  11. Thanks for the post and great tips. Even I also think that hard work is the most important aspect of getting success.

    Apple MacBook Laptop HD Wallpaper

    ReplyDelete