About Blog Title...

As a child, it was one of my greatest delights to visit my grandparents in the spring when the whip-poor-wills began to call. Grandma and Grandpa lived in a remote valley of the Ozark Mountains where there were trees a plenty, and, seemingly, a whip-poor-will, or two, in each one.
My grandmother insisted that a whip-poor-will's call was not "whip-poor-will," but instead, "chip-butter-white-oak." I would listen really hard trying to hear it exactly as she said it was, but all I could hear was "whip-poor-will, whip-poor-will,..." But, I never let on to her.
I remember my grandpa watching and listening, with an amused look on his face, to one of these listening sessions. Shortly after that he began to call me, just for fun, "Chip Butter." It is a name I am proud to wear for I still love to hear that long, lonesome call on a warm summer's eve. And, sometimes, when I listen really, really hard, it seems I can hear quite clearly, "chip-butter-white-oak, chip-butter-white-oak..."


Monday, March 27, 2017

I Love a Rainy Day...



What a blessing rain is...


The grass is green and growing... 


Pretty little spring flowers are popping up all over...




as well as a lot of spring-born baby calves...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, there's always plenty to do inside on a rainy day...










13 comments:

  1. Wow, such beauty! You capture the most amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took the darkness and turned it into a thing of beauty! Love those Spring Showers, they make everything cleaner, fresher and prettier. Hope you had a productive day indoors and had some fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bleeding Heart is gorgeous. I don't think mine made it this year. My Peonies are coming through the ground, but haven't seen hide nor hair from the Bleeding Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are amazing! Simply beautiful! I need to look for the beauty in the rain instead of worrying that I might hear it thunder. I love to see little girls playing with their dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photos and paintings! We have been having lots of rain too. No flowers yet though!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once read a quote that said, "I like people who smile when it's raining." I do too. :~) I'll enjoy your rain vicariously, as our desert doesn't allow for much of it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been having the rain too. The Swan Creek has turned into a mini river and the rain gauge was full, so we'd have over 6 inches. Yesterday was sunny, but more rain in the forecast. It's turning green and our reds buds are blooming. Spring is finally here. Yea! Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post. Nice photos. Love those little calves. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet little calves. and of course pretty pictures. I like the rain too. It gives me an excuse to work on my dolls more and sleeping is better when its raining. We always get lots of rain in the spring, but then in late summer it gets to dry, so I never complain about the rain, we need it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful and lovely blog you have! Thank you so much, for noticing my comments elsewhere, and coming over to leave a comment on my blog. Thank you!

    Your photos are wonderful. The story behind your blog name, is delightful. The work you so, is amazing. You are truly an Artist. (I have peeked at some of your posts, and know it is so.)

    Again, thank you for visiting me, and introducing yourself. I am so very happy to now count yours, among the blogs I love to read.

    Gentle Spring time hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the rainy days too. Your thoughts and photos are wonderful. Love the beauty and nostalgia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those slow rainy days as well! Love your pretty photos! So peaceful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those slow rainy days as well! Love your pretty photos! So peaceful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete