About Blog Title...

As a child, it was one of my greatest delights to visit my grandparents in the spring when the whip-poor-wills began to call. Grandma and Grandpa lived in a remote valley of the Ozark Mountains where there were trees a plenty, and, seemingly, a whip-poor-will, or two, in each one.
My grandmother insisted that a whip-poor-will's call was not "whip-poor-will," but instead, "chip-butter-white-oak." I would listen really hard trying to hear it exactly as she said it was, but all I could hear was "whip-poor-will, whip-poor-will,..." But, I never let on to her.
I remember my grandpa watching and listening, with an amused look on his face, to one of these listening sessions. Shortly after that he began to call me, just for fun, "Chip Butter." It is a name I am proud to wear for I still love to hear that long, lonesome call on a warm summer's eve. And, sometimes, when I listen really, really hard, it seems I can hear quite clearly, "chip-butter-white-oak, chip-butter-white-oak..."


Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Cleaning...






So many old books to dust...




So much more fun cleaning outside...





Happy Trails, and Happy Easter...



18 comments:

  1. I had such a delightful visit to your blog. Your photos are gorgeous. You certainly live in a beautiful place as well. Hope you have a blessed week. I will be stopping back soon to visit. Love your doll...she is going to be very lovely when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I hope you will stop back by again. I hope to have the doll finished soon!

      Delete
  2. Gracious, but that dilemma is one I often face! Which one won? I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine. You have one guess! :~) A quick over with my Swiffer Duster, and I was out of here!

      Delete
  3. May I be next in line for your cleaning? Inside or out, it won't matter where we start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Ha, Charlotte, you know fully well I could take a few lessons from you!

      Delete
  4. I love old books. I'm so attached to my old books that I had to go to the dollar store and by some books (of zero interest to me) to do a craft I'm planning.

    I'll agree totally on the much more enjoyable to clean outside. We've been doing a lot of outside work. It's so refreshing and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello E.C. We probably have too many old books, and they do collect dust, but... "Of zero interest" ...the only kind of book for a craft project, for sure!

      Delete
  5. We are just now starting to clean up all that was under the 30 inches of snow we got last month such as dog poop and mole holes so I will take the inside cleaning and let Mark take care of the outside. Happy Easter Mary,♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi! Now your kind of clean up might put me in a different frame of mind. But, from what I have seen of your lovely home, inside and out, nothing goes undone for very long. :~)

      Delete
  6. Spring cleaning......? Haven't even started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, more fun to be out in the sun, now that it has returned. -smile-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are so pretty!
    Have a wonderful Easter too!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you there, my friend...I'd much rather be working outside than in this time of the year. :)

    I wish you a blessed Easter season. I am thankful to have found you since I've returned to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring cleaning...what is that? haha. I can't remember the last time I did spring cleaning. Happy dusting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try to think of dust as a protective covering for my books. Is that clematis? Beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like to be outside working, but unfortunately, cleaning has to be done sometimes. Company coming is usually a good incentive. I have always love to work in the yard. The flowers in your yard are pretty. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  13. April 16...

    Re: Your comment on my Ladies Of A Certain Age post....

    Thank you so much for telling me of Mary Delany. What an amazing woman, and what a role model, for older women.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    Thank you for telling me of Mary Delany. What an amazing older woman.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone




    ReplyDelete